OUR CURRENT PROJECTS/PROGRAMS
HIV/AIDS AND TEENAGE SEXUAL REPRODUCTIVE PROGRAM 2016/2017/2019:
570 girls infected with HIV every week
About 570 Ugandan girls and young women aged 15 to 24 get infected with HIV every week in Wakiso district according to the HIV/AIDS situation analysis by Uganda AIDS Commission.
As a result of the above analysis, PMYO together with the community of Idstein Germany launch an HIV/AIDS and Teenage Sexual Reproductive Program in Wakiso district on 3 March 2017 which will run until end of 2019.
This program includes,,, Training Youth as TOTs to expand the program in their respective villages, Creating awareness among young people in Wakiso about HIV/AIDS, Advocacy for Voluntary testing, Sexual reproductive education in schools, Health home visits, Partner distribution of ARVs and other related materials to patients.
Currently our programs are running in Kasanje Town Council, Nsangi Town council and Nansana Town Council
Discondunct couple awareness day
Teenage Sexual reproductive education activity in schools of wakiso district
Teenage pregnancy addressed in schools
Teenage Pregnacy and HIV AIDS killing young people in Wakiso
Advocacy for voluntary testing
INCLUSIVE AND NON INCLUSIVE WATER SANITATION AND HYGIENE PROJECTS 2017/2018 LATRINE CONSTRUCTION FOR PWDs and CWDS funded by People Help People One World Idstein Germany.
There are 3 projects launched and kick started with beneficiary mostly Primary Schools in rural areas of Wakiso district. Construction of Inclusive Latrines
Phase 1 of Project 2
Latrine Construction project for Children with disabilities at UMEA Community primary School Nansana Wakiso district
PROJECT 2 of Phase 1
Continuation for phase 1 of the toilet construction for CWDs in Wakiso district Uganda.
This is CWDs WASH project funded by People Help People One World Idstein Germany
Last phase for Children with disability WASH project 2 UMEA primary school Nansana
PROJECT 3 of Phase 1:
Latrine Construction for Children with disabilities in MATUTU Community Primary School Nsangi Masaka Road
Phase 1. For CWDs Sanitation and Hygiene Project supported by People Help People One World Idstein
FICHER PROJECT FOR CHILDREN AND ELDERLY SUSTAINABILITY
Project for Orphaned Children below 18 years and Elderly people Launched in Wakiso District funded by Fischer Foundation Germany
Launching of the Fischer Foundation Projek in Wakiso district
Donations from Germany to the Fischer beneficiaries
Donations to the Fischer project after the launch
POWER MINDS HOPE FOR CHILD EDUCATION AND SCHOOL INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
This project is funded by Idstein community in Germany through community and online fundraisngs. It involves sponsoring disadvantaged childen with education, health and general welfare in order to reduce on iliteracy in communities and also increase on classroom attendance of pupils. PMYO has reconstructed classrooms and donated thousands of scholastic materials to schools and volunteers to help in those schools. Our latest school to benefit is Kamunye Primary school wakiso
Our volunteers teaching pupils
Renovation of classrooms for hope for children’s education project
YOUTH CENTER PROJECT KASANJE WAKISO DISTRICT UGANDA
PMYO is currently building and renovating a Youth Center in Kasanje Wakiso district. This is going to be the first Community Youth center in the area and its going to work as a meeting point for young people for sharing information, skills, knowledge for physical, social and economical development. This project is funded by JUZ Idstein Germany. Its in its last phase.
Fixing Window glasses in the Youth Center
Previous doors on the youth center
Fixing new burglar doors in the youth center
OUR IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS/ PROGRAMS 2012-2016
1. Skills training for Teenage and Single Mothers: This involves selecting and training teenage and out of school girls and boys in weaving and making baskets through local available raw materials, making beads and necklaces from local paper and entrepreneurship development. Over 50 teenage girls and women were trained in Kasanje Sub County and now they are able to make baskets and clusters and paper beads for sell in African craft markets which has improved their livelihood in their families and communities. This project has been supported by our German friends JUZ Idstein Germany and PEOPLE HELP PEOPLE ONE WORLD IDSTEIN GERMANY.
Teenage mother after her training
Products from the project
Teenage mother undergoing training
2.Health Programs for Children, Youth and Community: PMYO together with local communities and schools has done sanitation promotion among young people through village health actors, TOTs, Peer educators and counselors on child immunization against polio, Teenage Reproductive Health HIV/AIDS counseling and prevention and good hygiene practices among young people in schools. This has been successfully done in Kasanje Sub county Wakiso district.
Our education program for under age.
3. Community Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH): This program is done in Wakiso district kasanje Sub County and its aimed at improving access to clean and safe water, good hygiene and sanitation services targeting young people in schools, elderly in communities, young people with disabilities etc. PMYO together with its development partners PEOPLE HELP PEOPLE ONE WORLD IDSTEIN GERMANY has constructed latrines for ST Agnes primary school Kasanje, ST kizito Secondary school in Kasanje and also built protective water sources (Wells) across kasanje villages for the community to use clean water.
Handing over of Jandira community Water Spring Well in Jandira village Wakiso District
Toilet donation to St Agnes primary School Kasanje implemented by PMYO and Funded by People Help People One World Idstein Germany
A fully constructed water source for Buwege village community
Donation of a 10,000 liter water Tank to St Agnes Primary School Kamunye
Construction of Buzzi Community Water Well in kasanje village, funded by People Help People One World Idstein Germany
4. Youth Community Center Development: PMYO partnered with JUZ Idstein Germanya youth group, has created the first youth meeting center in Kasanje sub county (Kasanje Youth Community Center) this was done through acquiring and renovating a once dilapidated and abandoned structure and reconstructing it hence turning into a youth center. This has seen all youth in kasanje sub county meeting in one place for knowledge acquisition, training, social programs, counseling and guidance programs, talent development programs etc.
Our newly renovated Youth Community Center Kasanje funded by JUZZ IDSTEIN GERMANY
5. Sports and Talent development programs: PMYO has mobilized young people into sports teams in different villages in kasanje sub county wakiso district to acquire skills in different sports areas e.g. football, volleyball, net ball, table tennis, basketball, cricket, handball etc. This has seen a creation of the most powerful soccer team in kasanje called kasanje Youth FC. This program also attracted the support of our partners in Germany JUZ IDSTEIN Germany who have constantly donated sports equipment to the youth teams in support of talent development
PMYO sports teams in kasange village receiving donations from JUZ Idstein Volunteers.
Our sports team with Volunteers
PMYO volunteer learning tradition dance at our youth center
6. Environmental Advocacy: PMYO together with national environmental protection unit and the local sub county has mobilized young people in communities of kasanje to sensitize the community on the importance of planting and maintaining trees for climatic sustainable development. This is done through advocacy activities and program called Plant a Tree for a Good Climate Tomorrow. It has seen many trees in Bukoola forest planted by young people and also created a tree protection unit in the communities of kasanje.
Community tree planting awareness in Buwenda village
Young people after sensitization on tree planting for the environment partnering with National environmental protection Unit